PCID to participate in the 10th anniversary celebration of the Sikhi Sewa Society
On April 2, 2022, the Sikhi Sewa Society in Italy (founded in 2011), an initiative mostly of Sikh youths with the objective of community-building and assisting and accompanying Sikhs with integration into Italy, will commemorate the tenth anniversary of its foundation.
The celebration which was to have been last year had to be postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
Sikhs from various parts of Italy and some other European countries are expected to participate.
The commemorative-event will be held in the premises of the Sikh Temple in Novellara, North Italy.
The event consists of:
- singing-competition for the Sikh youth of the sacred verses/hymns from the Sikh Scripture
- Demonstration of Sikh martial art
- Workshop on Turban (Sikh headwear- signifies that all humans are royal and equal)
- Greetings/discourses from various guests including those from different religions
- Presentation of new projects
The Sikhi Sewa Society has been cooperating with the PCID for the past few years in promoting Christian-Sikh dialogue and collaboration in Italy.
Representatives of this organization have been part of interreligious meetings/conferences organized by the PCID and other Dicasteries of the Vatican.